Quick-Start Guide to the One-Page Grant Proposal:
10 Questions to Jump-Start Your Grants Success
Do you have a good idea you'd like to turn into a grant proposal, but not sure how to start? Come and join veteran grants pro and grantmaker Maryn Boess as she shows you how to turn your good idea into a fundable project concept … by answering 10 simple, all-important questions.
- You’ll be introduced to the deceptively simple one-page Magic Wand template that's won grants of $2,000 . . . $30,000 . . . $144,000 . . . and more . . . for nonprofits like yours
- You’ll learn the seven questions that bring clarity . . . depth . . . and power . . . to your own best thinking about a successful project or funding need
- We’ll pull back the curtain on the eight questions that give you "x-ray vision" into the minds of grantmakers, so you can deliver exactly what they really want -- every time
- You’ll learn the one question that helps you quickly zero in on those grantmakers most likely to say an enthusiastic "YES!" to your request for funding
- You’ll discover six surprising, powerful ways nonprofits have discovered (and you can borrow) to put this Magic Wand to work for the causes they serve
- Along the way we’ll bust a few grantseeking myths … the Myth of the A+ Proposal, the Myth of the Hard-Working Grantmaker, and the Myth of It's-Just-Wrong-to-Be-Messy.
BONUS: Writer’s block got you stuck? - Maryn will share a simple, powerful technique for busting through writer's block and liberating your own creative forces (and those of your team members) to bring forth your very best, clearest, most comprehensive and compelling thinking around your intended grants projects.
Cost: $35 Members, $45 Non-Members
Save $10 at check out if you register for the April 24 Making Friends with Funders webinar as well.
All paid registrants will have access to a link of the recorded webinar after it has been completed.
Brought To You By The Following Alliance Supporters:
The Presenter: Maryn Boess
Maryn Boess is a veteran nonprofit professional, social entrepreneur, and leader in capacity-building and grantsmanship training.
Over her 20+-year career in the nonprofit world, Maryn has been an on-staff program developer and grantwriter; an independent grants consultant; a grants project manager; a grants trainer; a grants reviewer, author, speaker, mentor and coach; and - yes - for the past 10 years, even a grantmaker.
Maryn’s grant proposals won more than $42 million for her clients in a single ten-year period. Since 2000 she has focused on creating and delivering a portfolio of high-quality, low-cost grants information tools, resources, and workshops shared by thousands of nonprofits nationwide. For the past 10 years Maryn has also been “in the grantmaker’s chair," managing up to $2 million annually in grantmaking for K-12 education in the Southwest.
Maryn moved from Arizona to the Pacific Northwest in 2011 and travels nationally to offer her workshops on practical strategies for healthy, successful grantseeking. GrantsMagic U, launched in Fall 2015 at U.GrantsMagic.org, is the "virtual academy" she created to make her extensive portfolio of practical and inspiring trainings on successful grantsmanship available (and affordable!) for anyone, anytime, anywhere.