Whether you’re just stepping into this leadership role or are a seasoned board leader, this training covers topics that will help you be more effective in your role. You’ll learn how to bring your best "leaderful self" to the board chair role, artfully facilitate meetings that net results, and improve the leadership work of the board as a whole.
- Assess your leadership abilities for the board chair role
- Understand what it takes to be an effective board chair
- Tools to run more effective meetings and board processes
SCHEDULE AND TOPICS:
All sessions take place Wednesdays from 1:00pm to 2:00pm MST and will be recorded. The four recordings will be available to all registered participants. Participants who are unable to attend one or more of the sessions will still have access to all course materials.
Part 1: What Kind of a Leader are You?
Wednesday, February 14, 2018 - 1:00pm - 2:00pm MST
- The Changing Landscape of Nonprofit Leadership – What’s Important Now
- Characteristics of Great Board Leaders –How do You Measure Up?
- Your North Star – What Will Your Legacy Be?
Part 2: What’s Your Job as Board Chair?
Wednesday, February 21, 2018 - 1:00pm - 2:00pm MST
- Common Mistakes and Frustrations
- The Do’s and Don’t’s of Effective Chairmanship
- How to Make the Most of Key Relationships, including the Board Chair – ED partnership
Part 3: Meetings that Matter
Wednesday, February 28, 2018 - 1:00pm - 2:00pm MST
- The Bone structure: A Masterful Agenda, Meeting Mechanics, Strategic Information, Ways to Evaluate Meetings
- Shaping Powerful Questions that generate great discussion
Part 4: Presiding vs Facilitating
Wednesday, March 7, 2018 - 1:00pm - 2:00pm MST
- How to Develop Facilitative Leadership
- Communication Tips for Effective Listeners
- The people side of things – managing meeting dynamics and conflict
WHO SHOULD ATTEND: Current and Incoming Board Chairs, Committee Chairs, other Board Leaders, Executive Directors.
COST: $30 Members / $60 Non-Members (includes all four webinars)
ABOUT THE PRESENTER:
Amanda Madorno, Roam Consulting
Amanda is a leadership expert who coaches, trains and consults with nonprofit and for-profit leaders around the country. A seasoned interim executive, with more than 17 interim assignments under her belt, she brings real-life leadership experience to her coaching and consulting practice. An engaging speaker, she presents frequently on a broad range of governance and leadership topics.
An accomplished and lifelong horsewoman, Amanda is credentialed instructor in Equine Experiential Learning. Her innovative workshops put leaders, teams and horses together to make breakthroughs in their leadership skills and competencies. After many years in the nonprofit sector as a fundraiser and executive, Amanda began consulting in 1994 and incorporated Roam Consulting LLC in 2001. Her firm focuses on helping leaders build the skills they need to lead with excellence, successfully navigate change, and create productive teams.
Webinar presented in partnership with Washington Nonprofits and Roam Consulting.